Home Immigration I-730 Petitions (Asylee/Refugee Relative Petition)

I-730 Petitions (Asylee/Refugee Relative Petition)

For assistance seeking legal status for your spouse and children, talk to a skilled Glendale immigration attorney. Set up an appointment by calling (818) 550-1111 now.

Glendale Immigration Lawyer


Glendale Immigration Attorney Assists in Reuniting Your Family

If you have been admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or were granted asylum in the past two years, you have the right to file a petition to request that your spouse and children (unmarried, under 21) to join you. Filing an I-730 petition is the first step in the process of reuniting your family.


Who Can File Form I-730?

If you were admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or have achieved asylum status within the last two years, you have the right to seek legal status for your spouse and children, although the filing does not guarantee your loved ones will be granted a visa. Every member of the family that you want to join you requires a separate Form I-730. In some cases, the two-year restriction can be waived for humanitarian reasons, and if the two-year time limit has passed, your reason for the delay must be provided on your Form I-730 so that your case can be adjudicated.


Who Is Eligible To Join You in the U.S.?

Several family members may be eligible to “follow-to-join” you in the United States. These include your spouse and your unmarried children under 21 years old. There are exceptions for children who are unmarried and are over 21 years old. Your relationships must have existed prior to the time you were admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or were granted asylum.


Changes in Follow-to-Join Refugees and Asylees

If you are planning to file form I-730 for your family members who reside overseas, the Department of State has updated the process. These cases can only be processed at embassies or consulates that offer immigrant visa services, or at USCIS international field offices. In some cases, the individual may be required to travel to another country for an interview. Your country of origin will determine whether this will impact your request. If your loved ones have moved to a different address or country, it is necessary to submit form AR-11. The details will be reviewed by your Glendale immigration lawyer at Aratta Law Firm to ensure accuracy and make certain the process moves forward as smoothly as possible, with the least disruption or delays.


Why Choose Us?

The process of reuniting with your spouse and children after being admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or being granted asylum status is not a simple procedure. For a Glendale immigration lawyer who will carefully and correctly manage every detail of the process, you can trust Aratta Law Firm to focus on your case and take every action to seek to bring your family to the United States safely and legally. We are committed to the people we serve and take our responsibility to our clients very seriously – we understand these matters are extremely important to you and your family.

Contact Aratta Law Firm today at (818) 550-1111 for assistance with Asylee/Refugee Relative Petitions.

Additional Information