Home Immigration N-600 – Application for Certificate of Citizenship

N-600 – Application for Certificate of Citizenship

If you need assistance to ensure that you file Form N-600 correctly, speak with an experienced Glendale immigration lawyer. Call (818) 550-1111 now to set up an appointment.

Glendale Immigration Attorney

Glendale Lawyer Explains the Process of Becoming a U.S. Citizen

If you are born outside the United States to a U.S. Citizen parent or because you are requesting a Certificate of Citizenship based on the fact that you automatically became a U.S. Citizen after birth, but before you turned 18 years of age, the first step is to file Form N-600. This form must be submitted correctly, with all supporting documentation, or your request will be delayed or denied.

Many people choose to get the help of a Glendale immigration attorney for this important process. For assistance, you can reach out to our immigration lawyer at Aratta Law Firm at (818) 550-1111.

What are the Eligibility Requirements?

The following eligibility requirements must be met before you turn 18 years of age:

  • You must have a parent who is a U.S. Citizen
  • You are the biological child of that U.S. citizen parent
  • You have been lawfully admitted to the United States for lawful permanent residence and
  • You live in the U.S. in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. Citizen parent

How to File Form N-600

The process of obtaining Certificate of Citizenship starts with filing Form N-600. These forms cannot be submitted with errors, omissions, or any falsehoods, and require extensive supporting documentation. USCIS is exceptionally strict about these forms. Any unchecked box, missing information, or even the wrong pen color (only black is accepted) will lead to a delay or denial. You need to submit correct filing fees with your application. You can always file the form yourself, but many people make the choice to hire an attorney to ensure the process moves ahead as quickly as possible, without delays or the risk of a rejected application.

Form N-600 FAQ

How much does the government charge for filing Form I-600?

The filing fee is $1,170, and some waivers are available for members of the U.S. Armed Forces, adopted child of a member of the Armed Forces, or veteran. USCIS fees change often, therefore it is important to have a knowledgeable attorney handle your application. The time and effort that you would spend to redo and resend your application on your own, in the event it was denied, is not worth the hassle and the waste of your valuable time.

Call Aratta Law Firm Today.

If you are ready to apply for U.S. citizenship, it is one of the most important legal matters of a lifetime. At Aratta Law Firm, we provide guidance, legal counsel, and support to clients who are ready to become U.S. citizens. Call our experienced immigration lawyer today at (818) 550-1111.