Glendale Bicycle Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a bike accident in Glendale, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. You will need the help of an experienced Glendale bicycle injury attorney. Call (818) 550-1111 today for a free consultation on your case.
Legal Help for Injured Bicyclists in Glendale
The City Council recently approved an update to Glendale’s Bicycle Master Plan. New bike lanes, sharrows, and bike parking are being installed throughout the city. Walk Bike Glendale, a chapter of the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, was formed with the purpose of making Glendale a city where everyone feels safe to walk and bike.
Nevertheless, bicycle accidents caused by negligent drivers continue to cause serious injuries to cyclists. If you have been hurt in a bicycle crash involving a motor vehicle, your best course of action is to speak with an experienced Glendale personal injury attorney at (818) 550-1111 as soon as you are able.
What Are Some Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Glendale?
Although some bicycle accidents happen because of hazardous road conditions, many are caused by drivers of motor vehicles. Common causes of bicycle accidents in California include:
- Following too closely: Drivers who fail to maintain a safe distance can cause a rear-end collision with a bicyclist.
- Failing to yield the right of way at intersections: Motor vehicle drivers are required to yield the right of way to bicyclists in certain intersections. Failure to do so can lead to deadly collisions.
- Negligent right turns: Cars and trucks have blind spots on both sides. Drivers who fail to check their blind spots before turning right can collide with cyclists who are lawfully proceeding straight ahead.
- Speeding: The faster a vehicle is traveling, the more braking time the driver needs to avoid hitting a cyclist, and the greater the impact upon collision.
- Driving under the influence: Drunk or drug-impaired drivers are a danger for everyone on the roads, including bicyclists.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are distracted by cell phones, passengers, or anything that takes attention away from operating the vehicle may fail to see a bicyclist in the roadway.
- Dooring: When a vehicle is parked on a street, drivers and passengers should check for oncoming traffic before opening a car door. Otherwise, they may open a door directly into the path of an oncoming bicyclist, who is then left with two choices – hit the car door or swerve into traffic.
What Types of Injuries Can Bicycle Accidents Cause?
Bicyclists lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle. When a 4,000-pound passenger vehicle collides with a bicycle, it can cause serious injuries to the rider, including:
- Bone and skull fractures
- Spinal cord injury
- Road rash
- Internal injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
What Should You Do After a Bicycle Crash in Glendale?
If you are injured in a Glendale bicycle accident, take the following steps to help your case:
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Take pictures of the crash site.
- Exchange information with the driver of the vehicle.
- Get contact information from any eyewitnesses.
- Get medical treatment for your injuries.
- Contact a Glendale bicycle accident lawyer.
How Can a Glendale Bicycle Accident Attorney Help?
Our experienced Glendale personal injury attorneys can investigate your bicycle accident to determine fault, retrieve evidence to support your claim, build a strong case based on the evidence, assess the full extent of your losses, deal with insurance companies on your behalf, and negotiate skillfully for the compensation you deserve. If the insurance company fails to offer a fair settlement, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
At Aratta Law Firm, we are dedicated advocates for Glendale bicyclists who have been injured through the negligence of others. We offer personalized service with an emphasis on communication. After a serious bicycle accident, contact us at (818) 550-1111 to find out how we can help.