Glendale Soft Tissue Injury Lawyers
Did you sustain soft tissue injuries in an accident in Glendale? You may be able to get compensation for your injuries. You will need the assistance of a skilled Glendale car accident injury attorney. Call (818) 550-1111 for a free consultation.
Did You Suffer Soft Tissue Injuries in an Accident in Glendale?
Soft tissue injuries occur when the body’s muscles, tendons, or ligaments experience degree of trauma. Trauma includes, direct force, as in slip and fall incidents, motor vehicle accidents and other traumatic injuries. The result can be pain, swelling, and bruising.
Soft tissue injuries are among the most common injuries you could be diagnosed with after an auto accident in Glendale. While some people may think soft tissue injuries aren’t a big deal because they’re not visible and typically don’t require serious medical intervention, this is not the case.
What Are Soft Tissue Injuries?
Soft tissue injuries are classified as:
- Whiplash – Whiplash injuries happen when the neck and head are forced to move back and forth forcefully. The medical term for this condition is a cervical strain / sprain or hyperextension injury. People suffering from a whiplash may experience neck stiffness, sharp neck pain, back problems. Depending on the severity of the accident and the whiplash, it could take weeks or even months to recover.
- Bruises – Contusions and bruising occur after a direct blow by a blunt object that strikes part of the body, crushing underlying muscle fibers and connective tissue without breaking the skin. Car occupants are vulnerable to contusions in an accident if they make contact with the inside of the car in any way, including airbags deployment.
- Sprains – Stretch and or tear of a ligament. A ligament is a strong band of connective tissue that fastens the end of one bone to another. The areas of the body that are susceptible to sprains are knees, wrists and ankles. A driver’s wrists, ankles and knees could be sprained because of their closeness or proximity to the steering wheel and pedals.
- Strains – Injury to muscle and or tendon. Tendons attach muscles to bones. Similar to sprain, strain can result from stretch or a partial or complete tear. Often times pain, muscle spasms, weakness, swelling and inflammation are possible.
- Bursitis – Inflammation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac that provides a cushion between bones and muscles or tendons. Bursitis occurs when the bursa becomes inflamed, either through repetitive motion or traumatic event, like a car crash or a fall.
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries Dangerous?
Some injured victims disregard their injuries and fail to receive proper treatment for injuries. Soft tissue injuries are dangerous since they’re not always treated like they should be. If someone believes they have a sprained knee, they may choose take medications or a compression wrap to alleviate the pain. But without proper diagnosis, it’s impossible to ensure proper treatment of your injuries.
Untreated soft tissue injuries or injuries that are undiagnosed could get worse. The damage and pain could become unbearable and may require serious intervention, like a surgery. With that said, it is better to have your injury examined immediately after an auto accident or a traumatic event, to avoid more invasive treatments at a later time.
Compensation for Soft Tissue Injury After a Car Crash
A soft tissue injury can really disrupt your life. You did not choose to get hurt, but taking the right steps towards recovery of your damages and compensation are within your control. You may be entitled to damages for:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and wages
- Chronic pain
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability and other damages
Every soft tissue injury case can vary, which is why it is important to hire an experienced Glendale personal injury attorney at Aratta Law Firm who can properly guide your case to a successful resolution. Insurance companies have made it their policy to deny most soft tissue claims and restrict the negotiating ability of individual adjusters. Remember, insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying claims when they are presented.
This is why it is important that you receive proper treatment for your injuries without delay. If your treating doctor orders an MRI, failing to get one, because of your schedule or other reasons, may end up hurting your case. Insurance adjusters base their settlement offers mainly on objective findings found in MRI reports and other tests ordered by your treating physician. Of course your subjective complaints are essential, but the main focus is made on objective findings (showing the severity of your injuries) and proper diagnosis thereafter.
Why Choose a Glendale Injury Lawyer at Aratta Law Firm?
At our firm, every injured client will be in direct contact with a Glendale soft tissue injury attorney. Many large corporate law firms end up transferring you to a case manager – you never speak to a lawyer directly and your case becomes part of the mill.
At our firm, we do things different. We pay close attention to every individual case, from the inception and throughout the process of the claim / lawsuit. Our diligence and attention to detail result in consistent higher settlements, which adds up to a higher compensation for you, the client.
Attorney’s Ability To Negotiate
Even though you may have a solid Glendale personal injury claim, the skill and the attentiveness of your lawyer can also considerably impact how much compensation you will receive for your injuries. If your injury claim is negotiated by a case manager, assigned to your file at a firm, and not an attorney, your claim may end up settling for a lesser amount. This is because adjusters know who they’re dealing with and how aggressive the firm is when settling injury cases. Insurance adjuster also know who they can bully into accepting lower settlements.
An attorney’s ability to negotiate a settlement is, in many ways, the most important skill an attorney possesses. Lawyers who are effective negotiators know the importance of timing, preparation and strategy. That being said, our firm recognizes the importance of precision, timing and subsequent results, which is the foundation of Aratta Law Firm. At our firm, nothing happens by luck but by great preparation and good strategy.