Burbank Car Accident Attorneys
If you were hurt in a collision in Burbank, reach out to a Burbank car accident lawyer at Aratta Law Firm. Call (818) 550-1111 today for a free consultation to discuss your claim and pursue compensation for injuries.
Representing Car Accident Victims in Burbank
Like other cities in Southern California, Burbank has congested roads and its fair share of car accidents. Some of the most dangerous intersections in the city are Victory Place and Burbank Boulevard (50 accidents in a five-year period), Olive Avenue and Buena Vista Street (45 accidents), and Victory Boulevard and Buena Vista Street (41 accidents), as reported on My Burbank. High accident rates at these intersections are attributed to heavy traffic, with 20,000 to 30,000 vehicles passing daily.
If you have been injured in a Burbank car accident that was someone else’s fault, call Aratta Law Firm at (818) 550-1111 to get an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. Our skilled legal team has extensive experience successfully handling car accident cases. We understand how stressful a serious traffic crash can be. We will treat your case with compassion and care while effectively managing the details of your claim.
How Do Car Accidents Happen in Burbank?
Car accidents can happen for many reasons but usually result from driver negligence. Common causes include:
- Speeding: The faster a vehicle is traveling, the less control the driver has over the vehicle, the less time the driver has to react, and the greater the impact when a collision occurs.
- Tailgating: Following too closely behind the vehicle ahead can lead to a rear-end collision if the driver in front has to stop or slow down suddenly.
- Impaired driving: Both alcohol and drugs can significantly impair driving ability. Nearly one-third of all traffic fatalities in the U.S. involve drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or higher.
- Distracted driving: Far too many drivers are texting, talking on cell phones, or handling electronic devices behind the wheel. To safely operate a vehicle, drivers must keep their eyes on the road, their hands on the wheel, and their attention on driving.
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals: Drivers who run red lights or stop signs can seriously injure others sharing the road. Failure to obey traffic signals is a leading cause of car accidents at Burbank intersections.
What Severe Injuries Are Commonly Sustained in Car Accidents?
Traffic crashes can cause many different injuries, ranging in severity from minor to fatal. Common severe car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Fractured bones
- Crush injuries
What Forms of Compensation May Be Available for Car Accidents?
California is a fault state for traffic crashes. If you have been injured through someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company or file a lawsuit in civil court. Damages you are eligible to claim will depend on the circumstances and the nature and severity of your injuries. Common damages in car accident claims include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Your first priority after a traffic crash is to report the accident to police and get emergency medical treatment if needed. Exchange information with other parties as required by law. If you are able, collect as much evidence as possible at the scene, including contact information for eyewitnesses, dashcam footage, and pictures of everything. See a doctor as soon as possible after the accident and consult with an experienced Burbank car accident attorney. To safeguard your interests, avoid contacting your insurance company on your own.
We’re Here to Help After a Burbank Car Accident
At Aratta Law Firm, we are committed to getting you the justice you deserve. Our Burbank legal team can investigate your accident, interview witnesses, locate video footage, and negotiate with insurance companies for the compensation you deserve. If you have sustained serious injuries in a car accident, it’s time to have a Burbank car accident lawyer on your side who knows how to win.
Call us today at (818) 550-1111 to schedule your free initial consultation.