Glendale Seatbelt Injury Lawyers
If you sustained seatbelt injuries in a crash in Glendale, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries. Call (818) 550-1111 today for a free consultation with a skilled Glendale car accident injury lawyer.
Fighting for Seatbelt Injury Victims in Glendale
Although seatbelts are designed to save lives and prevent serious injuries in car accidents, they also contribute to specific injuries that may entitle individuals to legal compensation. For instance, in high-impact collisions, the force exerted on the body during sudden deceleration can lead to intense strain against the seatbelt.
If you have suffered a seatbelt-related injury, Aratta Law Firm is here to provide the trusted legal support you need. You can count on us to navigate any legal complexities, negotiate on your behalf, and fight effectively for the compensation you deserve. Aratta Law Firm is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, with founding attorney Art Oganesian listed as a litigator of the year by the American Institute of Trial Lawyers.
Reach out to us at (818) 550-1111 to schedule a free consultation today.
An Overview of Seatbelt Injuries
Common examples of seatbelt injuries that might necessitate legal compensation include:
- Seatbelt Syndrome: This condition refers to specific injuries to the internal organs, bones, and soft tissues as the body strains against a seatbelt during a car accident.
- Chest injuries: Depending on the force of the impact, the chest can sustain major bruising, fractures, or sternum injuries.
- Abdominal injuries: In a catastrophic accident, the abdominal strain against a seatbelt may cause ruptured organs or internal bleeding.
- Spinal injuries: The sudden deceleration associated with vehicle collisions can lead to a wide range of spinal injuries, including whiplash and herniated discs.
Symptoms of Seatbelt Syndrome
Seatbelt syndrome encompasses a range of injuries caused by the seatbelt’s force in a car collision. Symptoms may vary depending on the intensity of the accidents and may include the following:
- Abrasions and bruising: Superficial injuries like bruises and abrasions may occur on the chest and abdomen.
- Fractured ribs: The force of the seatbelt may cause fractured ribs, resulting in pain and difficulty breathing.
- Organ injuries: The internal organs, including the spleen, liver, and kidneys, can strain against a seatbelt, leading to life-threatening complications. Spinal injuries: Sudden stops can cause spinal injuries, causing neck and back pain or even mobility difficulties.
Sometimes, seatbelt injuries can result from defective seatbelts. Depending on the particular defect in question, seatbelts can play a significant role in the severity of the injuries sustained in a traffic collision. The following defects can lead to seatbelt injuries:
- Retractor defects: Retractors are responsible for tightening and locking the belt during a collision. A defective retractor can either fail to secure the occupant adequately or cause too much strain during a collision.
- Pretensioner defects: Pretensioners are designed to retract a seatbelt quickly in response to a car crash, pulling the occupant back to prevent forward impact. A defective pre-tensioner can fail to activate and prevent forward movement. Alternatively, a defective pre-tensioner can be too tight, causing internal injuries.
- Buckle defects: A malfunctioning buckle can result in the unexpected release of a seatbelt during a collision, rendering it ineffective in restraining the occupant.
Impact of Seatbelt Usage on Injury Claims
Seatbelt usage can have a significant influence on injury claims. In California, the plaintiff’s negligence may be considered in mitigating the negligence of the defendant—known as comparative negligence. Accordingly, if a person fails to wear a seatbelt, this fact can be used to reduce the amount the defendant may ultimately be liable to compensate the injured party.
The Role of a Glendale Car Accident Injury Attorney
Navigating the legal process in cases involving a seatbelt injury can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with insurance companies and opposing counsel. Therefore, it is essential to seek guidance from an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Your Glendale personal injury lawyer can lead you through the legal process by investigating and gathering evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and providing advocacy during litigation.
Call Aratta Law Firm for Seatbelt Accident Representation
If you think your seatbelt caused your injuries, you can count on Aratta Law Firm to handle your personal injury case with precision and care. Our Glendale legal team is committed to providing a tailored assessment of each case and developing the best possible strategy. You can count on us to fight tirelessly for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
With our experience, dedication, and passion for justice, we stand ready to assist you after suffering a seatbelt-related injury. Call us at (818) 550-1111 today for a free consultation. Let’s see how we can help.